View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 01:27 AM   #110
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: 70 C-20 4x4 Suburban Father/Son project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
Thanx for the extra pics Mosesburb. That was quite a upgrade!
Yeah, it sure was. Once I got it to a point that some miles needed to be put on it, I contacted Lance and he jumped on his private jet (the one he uses only for vacations) and came home to take delivery of his prized hooptie. All seems well after working out a few bugs here and there (I suggested firing me over the problems, but he refuses to do that--what's a guy have to do to get fired around here??) I received no communications pertaining to this vehicle today, so I'm assuming it is functioning as intended.

It still has some more things to be done/finished, but it was time to start driving it to shake out any problems, etc. One issue is the cam in this motor is much larger than a TBI system is prepared to deal with, so I just ordered the third prom for it. The second was worlds better than the first, but is still putting too much fuel into the motor. It sounds like this one should do the trick. Beyond that, it's just a matter of the little things that pop up when this much stuff is changed at one time.