View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 12:16 AM   #20
t-tung

Re: "Pinché Caliché" '57 StepSide/LSx/CrownVic

Well...... it may not look like it but, it feels like we got a lot done this past weekend.
Pulled a 3.73 8.8 Ford that was given to me out of an Exploder.
Picked up a front end out of an 04 Grand Marquis for $450
Cut all the crap out of the bed and halphass cleaned it up
Pulled the front clip, motor, tranny, crossmember, front axle and everything else off of the frame.
Drilled aligning holes and mocked up the Marquis front end.
Cleaned everything off the firewall and out from underneath the dash.

It looks like the Ford "bridge" is going to fit nicely. There is quite a bit of space on the outside and on top of the frame but it shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to weld in some spacers that will extend don through the top of the frame and be welded to the inside of the bottom of the frame. It was hell trying to align the bridge with the frame but we got it as close as humanly possible without high-tech lasers and computers. I'm happy with it

On another note, I just realized they don't make the 20' wheels I want in a 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Soooo it's back to the drawing board. I'm looking at these AMR wheels in an 18" for the front which will be perfect because of the wider stance of the Marquis front end. The problem I'm having is that I need a 20x9 or 20x10 rear wheel that has 0 offset or slightly negative offset because of the narrower 8.8. Any ideas or suggestions on where I can find some or what brands to look at? As far as I now, the AMRs don't come with the offset I need.

I also locked down a deal on a whole 02 Tahoe that was rolled for $1000. Going to pull the motor and trans, steering column, pedal assembly, brake system and all this week hopefully if weather permits. A buddy of mine has a cam for me for cheap if I want it. I won't pretend to be a cam wizard so I'll let y'all tell me what you think. He says it'll be very streetable with the right converter, and sound good too. It's a Texas Speed 228R 228/228 .588"/.588" 112LSA cam. Says all I'll need is some new springs and hardened pushrods along with (probably) a 3200 stall converter. Plan is to get rid of the electronics on the 4L60E and put a Transgo Stage 3 full manual shift kit in it.

t-tung is offline   Reply With Quote