Old 12-07-2014, 09:42 PM   #659
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd426 View Post
So cool. Love the valve covers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRollinLS View Post
These OEM valve covers will look rad on that LS motor. I'm not real fond of LS swaps on these trucks, but at least your trying to give it an old school look. Thanks for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Cool!

Thanks dudes! LoRollin, I don't like the looks of newer engines either. Between the carbs and valve covers it will pretty much look old except for the lack of a distributor.

I worked on getting the tie rod ends mounted yesterday. Had to cut the tie rods shorter due to the 1" narrowed PB arms. The tie rod ends that No Limit supplies does away with the tapered hole in the spindle and uses a 5/8" through bolt instead. For some reason my spindles are already larger than 5/8" on the small side, and measure 3/4 on the larger side of the taper. I'll have to drill it to 3/4" and get a bushing to reduce it to the correct 5/8" bore.

I've posted on a few Facebook groups trying to find a cheap pair of 18" rollers since the front is nearly finished up for now. I will decide on a sway bar and shocks/upper mounts after the rear suspension comes together.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote