View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #43
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Re: Looking for planning help for polebarn style workshop to be built in the spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Have you been able to get any prices for excavating? Any possibility of hitting rock during the excavation? Imagine that would have an impact on what you will build.

Really like the idea of making the building entry level with the existing driveway. Would be convenient for use and project movement....and would of course take more excavating.

I agree with the advice others have given about size...go as big as you can. Our shop is 60 x 100 and we want more space.

Good luck and have fun with the process.
Thanks! I haven't had time yet to meet with an excavator but have the number of someone with a good reputation. Hopefully no rock but I have a neighbor who excavated a garage (more like a cave) for his RV literally into the hill and will ask him about rock. One excavating company told me all their equipment is working the Bakken oil fields in North Dakota and aren't looking for local work at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBullet View Post
I measured my lift today it is a 2 post Benpak and it is 12'1" to top my sidewalls are 14'. You could also look into pored walls up to dirt elevation them build up from that to stay at drive away elevation. Hope that makes sense.
That makes sense and is a big help. Looks like I may be moving more toward a slab/frame structure. Thanks!

As an aside we've had some snow in the valley. I caught these guys the other morning - they're actually so numerous as to pose a danger while driving
Attached Images

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote