View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #316
Advanced Design

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper71 View Post
Tub's came out nice!!!
Thanks Mark! I remember reading somewhere you mentioned something about a blind squirrel ...that was me on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-P Auto View Post
Hello;

I hope that all is going well for the wife.

I have not done much on mine the past few days either.
I'm older n the cold does get to me sooner.
The stove is a help,but the tall roof on the shop just hurts the heat.
Going to try to work on the front end-radiator n fender tomorrow.

Again hope the wife is feeling better.

T-P Auto
Tim
Thanks Tim! Good to see you back in your shop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
man, I really hope all goes well with your wife/worker. Tubs look great. whats up with that huge yellow picker in the BG? I have my 51' out tonight so I'll have her out for tomorrow, suppose to hit 50 here. Watch next week we get two ft of snow.
Appreciate that 99! The big yellow picker is a farm made very large cherry picker my Dad and Uncle made way back when for working on heavy farm and construction equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Tubs look great, sweet 56, prayers to continue...Jim
Thank you Jim, we have a real health battle on our hands so we appreciate the prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
AD-

The progress looks good. I hope your wife is on her way to feeling better.
Happy Holidays.

Marc
Thanks Marc, Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty 46 View Post
Nicely done on the wheel tub widening job. You made the right choice over the truck tubs.
Thank you Ratty! I agree this is a better direction...just took a lot of work to get here...LOL. Good luck with the 66 you are looking at / having shipped in.

Just a little more shop time yesterday to install the cross braces between the wheel tubs. These are the 2 inch wide by 1 inch deep I have the local fabrication shop bend up out of 16 gauge. You can see a section of the channel sitting at the back of the floor. Then I boxed them in with 16 gauge to make a pretty strong support.

Made a paper template for the section of floor between the tubs. After I install that section of floor will set the body back on the frame to determine clearance for the differential center section when the truck is aired out.

Can almost see the finish line for this floor install...man, it has been months....time increased with my unexplainable goofy move with the truck tubs....guess I want a 67 to 72 again.

Thanks for checking in.
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote