View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 12:50 AM   #1
1948GMC

1948 gmc 3/4 build thread

Hey guys just starting my thread out here and hopefully will draw attention. Let me start out by saying I am 15 years old and bought the truck last march and sines then I have made tremendous progress. I have installed a heidts MII ifs and just remember this is MY money I am not some snobby kid whose parents pay for everything I worked parting cars and flipping them for this. I have a 79 trans am posi rear end with 3:42 gears for the rear end and going for a leaf spring in rear at the moment and later a 4 link. I also have a 383 stroker making about 500-600hp at wheels on last car it was in built by my dad and his friend who died of ALS a couple years ago. The hole truck has some sentimental thing where I drove 500 miles to get my truck because IT SPOKE TO ME you can judge my decisions however you feel. I plan on leaving it with the patina it has. No specific order to my parts but I also have 2002 Yukon seats and am planning on a sound system down the road. Enjoy

pic 1 day I found it how I found it and after I dug it out with my dad through 4ft of snow.
Attached Images

Last edited by 1948GMC; 12-31-2014 at 01:02 AM.
1948GMC is offline   Reply With Quote