View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 11:19 PM   #34
WTX-65LWB

Re: 1965 C10 LWB - Bringing Back a Part of the Family

Had a few days off from work this week for the Holidays. Didn't get as much done as I would have liked due to the weather (dang it has been cold!) but still made some good progress.

Weather was pretty decent on Monday so I was able to finish up the repairs to the driver's side of the cab. Damage was significant but not as bad as the passengers side thankfully. Ended up replacing part of the floor, the inner rocker, the front cab support, the kick panel and the outer rocker. Glad to have those repairs behind me!

Also had a little time to start stripping the 292 in preparation for installing the Davis Speed Equipment brackets and accessories. This set up will allow me to run power steering and AC on the 292. So far, I am very impressed with the Davis Speed parts. The instructions are well written, contained all the needed hardware, and well made. In addition, they have plenty of adjustment to allow for alignment of the belts.

Before:

Stripped down and ready for install:

Then the cold weather hit. The temperatures didn't get above 15*F on Tuesday with 30mph winds and snow. Decided it was a good day to spend inside!

The winds calmed overnight so I braved the cold (with the help of a good heater) to get some work done. It was 5*F when i showed up at the shop! I got the brackets installed along with the accessories. I still need to put on the new belts and tighten everything down but very pleased with the progress. If there is interest, I will post up more pictures/info on the 292 accessory upgrade in a separate thread once I finish up. Next big job up is to install the power steering gear.

BRRRRR!

New brackets and accessories installed:

Slowly but surely getting closer to being back on the road!
WTX-65LWB is offline   Reply With Quote