View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #35
justcuz

Re: 95 2 door Yukon original 5 speed

I just bought a standard hose fitting at the auto parts store, cut the fitting off the end of the hose with a plastic pipe cutter, installed a hose clamp and viola...no more leaks! I was real careful removing the factory fitting from the intake. I used a deep socket and a 1/2 drive breaker bar and bumped it to break it loose, then just used a extension and ratchet to remove it.
I don't have that valve on my 92 but I do have a problem with my heater cores getting pinhole leaks in the tubes. I changed some grounds and now have a problem with the pinhole leaks and the HVAC fan runs with the key shut off.
I'll have to return to the factory grounds. I installed a Dodge ground strap that goes from the firewall to the engine and firewall to the chassis. Factory is two separate straps that go from the firewall to the engine and engine to the chassis.
I think I must be getting some voltage feedback through the Dodge V shaped ground strap. If I disconnect the battery, the fan relay shuts off, until I hook it back up again. Sometimes it will run and sometimes not, I still think it is more of a ground issue than a relay problem.

Also my sons Tahoe started eating radiators when he installed a sub and stereo system, he had to put a Ford style clip ground on the radiator to the chassis to eliminate the problem.
justcuz is offline   Reply With Quote