View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 07:51 PM   #664
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
Looking good John! I'm always impressed at your ability to think outside the box. You definitely do your homework, and it shows.

Jason is building my tach right now. I chickened out and went with a 7K, not the 10K beast like yours. LOL.
Appreciate it Alex! I'll be watching your build to see the tach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapstr's65 View Post
I bought my truck in SC and it wasn't anywhere near the condition that yours was in.
It's definitely not the typical SC truck. My "Winter Beater Build" has all the typical rust trucks around here have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dst0ck View Post
Are you going to just run all those gauges off mechanical senders instead of the factory LS electric?

Going to be tough to get a mechanical speedo to work off the VSS. They do make a conversion box but I haven't heard much good about them.
I'll use the senders from a '66 283 or 327 and adapt them to the LS. Probably going to use a Magnum T56 with cable drive instead of the F-body T56 to solve the speedo cable issue.

I've also been thinking about using a C5 transaxle and IRS to move more weight to the rear and keep the bed floor lower. If I do that then I'll add an electric motor directly on the back of the speedometer like in this thread:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...-solution.html
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote