View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 10:48 AM   #81
Vic1947

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
Niice Vic... Love the frenched look .. back in the day this is how they did it so buying a 350.00 kit would really have been unnecessary considering your talents...
The older I get, the more inclined I am to shell out a few bucks for parts where someone else has already done the heavy lifting. As long as they're well designed, fill a need, move the project forward and are reasonably priced. But in this case, homemade was the best choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
All amazing work, clean or detailed just don't describe it. Love the 2 minute blueprint build and the headers are freakin' awesome!!
So here we are, up to date and maaaaaan you got some work ahead Vic. We're all rootin for you!
Thanks, John!

Before welding out the headlight buckets, I needed to figure out a way to attach the trim rings. Tried an angle tab with a drilled hole for a sheetmetal screw but ran out of threads before it tightened up. Switched to a J-nut but couldn't get the placement where I wanted. Ended up welding a nut on the angle tab and using a stainless oval head machine screw. Spot welded the tabs to the rings and then welded the buckets into the fenders. Then it was on to the bumpers.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote