View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 12:22 AM   #138
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

Hey, not a ton of new pictures to post, but I've got a few. There's been a lot going on with the truck, but not a lot that really shows up in a photo. Been working with the guys at the paint shop on a lot of "planning." Figuring out exactly what parts are going to go where and how. Getting little bits and pieces of parts that we need, and doing some additional body work & prep. Earlier this week, loaded Marvin up into a trailer and took him across town to ANOTHER shop - this time for "pre-wiring." Here, a VERY knowledgeable guy is going to set up all the wiring and electronics ahead of time, as well as do some things like plan fuel lines, a/c lines, throttle pedal, etc. This is so that we know exactly what bolts and holes need to go into the cab BEFORE paint happens. This is set to take about 2 weeks, and then it is back to the paint shop and some color can start to happen, I hope!

Before I post a few pics, I want to answer the earlier question that I missed about the one-piece window kits. I'm told that the kits were very impressive, had all the parts you'd need, and installed pretty easily. I don't have an electronic copy of the instruction sheets, but I'd absolutely bet that if you contacted the company, they'd email you a copy. Got both sides in the truck now, and they look great!

Anyway, here's the few picture updates I've got since last time. Hope to have a lot more to share in the next few weeks!

Got the hole punched through the dash valance for the steering column. Column still needs to be pushed down through the firewall a bit more (sitting too high in these pictures), but I think the result is a really great look. Hides the column bracket and looks clean!

Here's another angle of the column.

Here's all the components for the front of the engine that have been prepped and painted semi-gloss black. Stuff like water pump, a/c pump, brackets, pulleys, etc. Would like these components to just blend in to the engine compartment when the hood is open rather than really 'jumping out' at you visually.

And, got the truck's accent color sprayed on the wheels, engine, transmission, and intake (not pictured). Amazing to see some more color going on! This color is a perfect match for one of the interior leather colors that will be used, and I think will look really great with the red paint with gold metallic that will be used. There will also be some brightwork on top of the motor that I think will really set it off. (air cleaner, valve covers, valley cover, headers)

Another shot of the painted motor nestled within that Scott's IFS. The engine and transmission have been installed onto the frame for the final time, unless we find some unforeseen need to remove them later. Fun to see anything getting installed for the "last" time.

More updates soon!