View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 01:18 AM   #263
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: 1964 GMC 3/4 ton build :D

Well today got quite a bit done on the center console in the truck. the front brackets are now made and mounted in place the rear holes are drilled and it is completely mounted at this time. In between automotive electrical wiring jobs my friend are pestering me about trying to get as much done as I can on this one lol I told them I am taking February and march off from any fuel injection or chassis wiring work to concentrate on my truck lol they started whining immediately about who was gonna fix their electrical issues rotflmao. Chuckles told em they would A have to wait or B come over and help on my project and I can give em some direction on what to check and where to look for their problems. Ok onto the console went to ace hardware and found some 1/4 20 j nuts that worked perfectly on the back mounts after a little grinder trimming with some thick body washer under the cab. the front mounts did the same thing with some j nuts and 1/4 20 bolts. interestingly enouch the center console is centered in the truck dead on but it is off from the dash a slight bit kinda odd but I will be happy when its complete and ready to go. I still have left to finish the filler panel mounts and the shifter cable install. The shifter cable install will come a bit later when I am hooking up the transmission under the truck. Once I get all the mounting brackets set for the filler panels will be covering them in some dark grey or black vinyl material from hancock fabrics. I have the stuff for the back cab covers but not quite enough left over for the front fillers.

Sean
Attached Images

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867

Last edited by sdwolff98; 01-23-2015 at 01:22 AM. Reason: more info
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote