View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 01:39 AM   #44
joedoh

Re: slow ride (redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Joe

When you guys mounted the seat did you use the stock brackets from that bench or modify it some?

I am planning on putting a bench from a 94 in my 64 and wondered how you mounted yours.

Thanks

stock 95 brackets on the seat, new studs up through the floor. BUT the wrinkle is that my truck has 100% of an s10 floorpan. so I dont think that tells you anything useful, sorry!

for a 60-66 floor I think the brackets are right on the sloped part of the floors, but I am not the expert.

edit: oh and I just had a brainspark on the headlight problems. The DRLs work great and then for some reason one of the HID would turn on, then blow the headlight fuse after which the other HID would turn on, all independent of the headlight switch. it was a 4 headlight system, and the replacement lights are technically a 4 headlight setup with an H3 high beam on each side and an HID low beam on each side. I wired the low beams of the harness to relays to turn on the HID without paying very close attention to positive and negative, after all its just turning on a relay. I wired the high beams of the harness directly to the H3 bulbs without paying close attention to positive and negative because filaments dont care a whit about direction. This would be all of it, except for the odd behavior of the lights.

my brainspark was, thinking about an H3 light, it has a lead for positive and grounds through the base. THROUGH THE BASE. so does the shield of the HID light. thought of it yet? where it doesnt matter to the filament, the grounds are shared between the H3 and the HID shield, so one H3 is obviously wired with positive to the base, shorting out the fuse on one light when it turns on and causing a wiring loop that turns on the HID on the opposite side. I used quick connects, so it should be fixable in a few seconds. I thoroughly screwed the pooch haha. at least I can laugh about it.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 01-26-2015 at 06:53 AM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote