View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 12:41 PM   #155
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

Hey folks, another quick update here with a few more pictures. Stopped by the shops this morning to see the progress, answer some questions, and work out a few plans for next steps. It has been super fun to witness so much progress that you can really "see" as of lately. As always, the guys working on Marvin are doing amazing work!

Here you can see that fabrication is complete for the panel that goes in the center dash opening. This houses the radio controls, a/c & heater controls, and a voltage gauge. The voltage gauge is there because I'm replacing the voltage/amp gauge in the stock gauge cluster with a small tach needle, but I still wanted to be able to monitor charging status. This compartment will be hidden behind a stock style glovebox door, so none of this will be visible except when I'm fiddling with the controls.

Great to see all sorts of little details getting worked out. Here's an Ididit shift linkage kit installed with a custom bracket on the firewall. Very solid.

And here you can see the linkage that was fabbed up to connect the stock accelerator pedal with the throttle body. Also you can see a little work on the fuel and vacuum lines.

Inside the cab with that throttle pedal. Keeping the stock look pedals, all "through-the-floor."

Around back, the exhaust was reinstalled, this time with the addition of an h-pipe. The exhaust went back in to help with planning for mounting of the gas tank and fuel lines.

Kinda hard to tell what's going on in this picture, but this is behind the dash, camera pointed through one of the stock gauge openings. This is the electric wiper motor and linkage kit from Newport Engineering installed and tested to run great! Nice kit.

Also, got the painted wheels back with the Michelin tires on them. 255/65r16 for the back and 215/65r16 for the front. The wheel color is the same as what went on the engine. This color will also be used on the faces of the gauges inside the cab, as well as the tailgate lettering.

Going to run the wheels with trim rings and 1941-46 truck hubcaps. Even though they aren't perfectly true to original, I prefer these older hubcaps to the ones that came stock in 1953. I think they look very sharp!

Hope to have more to share soon!