View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 08:49 PM   #48
joedoh

Re: slow ride (redux)

thanks grizz, its a 66 impala steering wheel with a 65 corvette center emblem. I was at the swap meet this weekend and saw a couple 67 impala wheels and almost picked up an extra.

drove the truck around a while today, it kept getting better and better and better. I changed the fuel filter and now its amazing. its not a race truck, but I hit the stock speed governor around 85 indicated. Went to a friends house about 20 minutes away. he had borrowed my plasma and the old cart was kind of pitiful so he made me a new one as thanks

this is what he used it on, he just z'd the front but it looks amazing now, no more gangsta lean to the rear

I had to watch daylight because I still havent fixed the switch for the headlights but on the way home I cruised at 70mph in 5th gear and didnt have to downshift a single time, before the timing chain I couldnt shift out of 4th without it falling on its face and had to shift to third every time a gust of wind blew and slowed the truck down. Even the exhaust sounds better, but I am still going to change it tomorrow.

a little early to call success but it definitely isnt the slowest thing on the road by a large margin, and it cruises so sweet I had a grin just pasted on.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote