View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 02:12 PM   #62
Johnny_Lamebridge

Re: My '63 C10 "I'd rather be driving" Project

The next morning, (Superbowl) sunday, I did my usual routine. Up early, go for a walk while listening to a podcast like C10 Talk, or Street Rod & Custom radio, then chill for a bit at a coffee shop. I'm sitting at Starbucks going thru all my Ebay and Kijiji searches on my phone... and I come across someone selling a mint low hump. Both pieces. And less than 20 miles from my house.

Long story short, I bought the floor pieces. They were pulled out of a 62 that will be getting the full dropmember treatment.

I wont drop names, but I'd met the seller before. When I went to pick up the parts at his home, we talked for an hour and a half while he showed me some cool stuff in his shop. He's a super-talented metal worker... among many other things, and has built some outstanding show cars. I'm hoping he'll join this forum.

I've posted these last few messages from Daytona. I'm on the 2nd part of my vacation after having spent a few days in Clearwater. It's cool here, but nothing like the record-setting low temps in the north.

Anyway... we'll be at the Sprint Unlimited tonight, then a leisurely drive home. I'll be making a stop at Summit Racing for goodies.

@johnny_lamebridge on Instagram
Johnny_Lamebridge is offline   Reply With Quote