View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 11:40 PM   #5
SilverMiner

Re: 1973 Blazer Build/Resto... Input please!

Looks to me like you have an excellent base for just about whatever you'd like to do - so the question is, what are your plans? Restore to original, a full blown rock-crawler ultimate 4x4, or a resto-mod with modern luxury that looks mostly original?

Other than the rust-through on the floors, I'm not sure that the rest is much of a problem. Particularly compared to what some of our brethren have to deal with in the rust belt. The extra door mirror holes don't bother me in the least - easy to weld up and seal. I'm weird, but I happen to prefer the "tripod" style mirrors that those holes are for The tailgate is another matter. The hood rust is kind of odd - I wonder if it might be due to whatever adhesive the chrome hood geegaw might have used? I wonder if it might not grind out easily. Seems unlikely that it might be rusted all the way through.

How about more pictures of the dash and interior? Do you like the late model seats, and plan to keep them? It looks like at least the passenger door has a speaker installed in the upper rear portion - is that correct? Has the dash been cut for a DIN head unit or is it original?

Keep us informed, and as always POST LOTS OF PICTURES.