View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 12:28 AM   #8
Keyblazer

Re: 1973 Blazer Build/Resto... Input please!

Thanks for the fast input SilverMiner!

Restomod is where I am at.
Lots of pics to come, I LOVE pics in atread... threads are worthless without them!

Here are a couple more showing the general condition...
Remember, this is kinda "as is" after I pulled it out of its open air storage where it sat for 5+ years, so It looks kinda sad.

I put 5 gallons of fresh gas in it and a new battery, and after a couple of splutting starts, brake tests, I drove it 10 miles home!

Pass side.

Missing brackets for the header connection of hardtop.

Drivers side underfloor.

Under the rear end... Nice gas tank skid... ugly tow hitch!

The modern seats I have are nice, but sit too low, and the 4x2 wood front mount is not where I want to be...
I will need to fab something if I want to use them.
3 point seatbelts are mandatory for front seats too.

On road, 60mph cruise on the freeway without drama, but able to go on the beach or dunes or back roads, as none are far away..
Not sure if there is a locker in the rear, but that's on my list... the tire size and gearing will dictate that.

I have some "Tripod Mirrors" but the holes don't line up either!
Also an odd bubble near the door handles!
Reskin or patch?

The hood and tailgate are holed right thru...
I am off to the Junkyard with my list in hand soon... maybe I will find something!
If I am gonna spend $ on paint, I want it done as best I can... no rust coming thru in 3 years!

I am a lover of the C/K series, and have owned several, inc this '73, K10 that I built into a cheap hack/camper... and still use and abuse... some people might recognize it from other forums..

Starting point was this $50 non runner...
Note the similar rust in the hood!

This is how it progressed thru bodywork, Rustoleum roller paintjob, lift, wheels and camper shell

Last edited by Keyblazer; 03-01-2015 at 12:34 AM.
Keyblazer is offline   Reply With Quote