Thread: IFS Lift Keys
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 10:59 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

IFS Lift Keys

I got a '95 K2500 Suburban is December. My intentions are to buy the lift keys and longer shocks but in the meantime I just cranked the torsion bars. I did this on my '92 K3500 I owned since new and put 335k on it with no front end issues. I understand the benefit of the keys is they put it up like cranking does while not affecting the ride. I also understand the a-arms limit lifting either way you go. Talking to a guy yesterday, he says the local 4wd shop told him the keys are bad news, that you will eat up axle boots and ball joints. Sounds like hot air to me. I've had no issues with cranking the bars up so how would using keys change anything, except allowing a tad more travel (down)? Down is good. It's up (droop) that is the issue when lifting. Down puts it closer to stock position. My '92 was ready for it's first ball joint replacement when I stopped using it. I think it was just one upper I found lose. I was planning on new loaded a-arms to replace the aged bushings. The ball joints lasted as well as the bushings. Can't ask for better than that. Just wondering what others say about the keys. I think it's hogwash.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote