View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 01:09 PM   #37
piratexpress1369a

Re: piratexpress1369a 1963 GMC Panel SLOW Build

well have a little update ..just finished moving to a new place that has a garage woohoo,took me the whole month of febuary to move and it had to be the coldest time to move -20 c degrees to -30 c ....not to self try not to move in the winter ...so the last thing to get moved was the my 63 ..plan A was to get a trailer but that did not going to happen plan B was to drive it ..plan C was flat tow it and plan D was to get a wrecker to move it ...since this was a long move and short on cash but short on miles about 10 miles ..plan c was going to happen since i hold a dead battery and boosting it was no turn the motor over fast enough ..but my friend was worried that there was not brakes do to it sitting so long and being buried in the snow ..well i went to get some gas in the can and we talked about using the battery out of my jeep to see if it would start ...low and behold it turned over ..so i said to my friend pour some gas in the carb ..and it fired right up ...well looks like plan plan B is the game plan ..so with no windshield in and not heat lol ,i put in gear and drive it out of the snowbank in the driveway .first off lets just say that i do not like doing this but some times you have to do what you need to do and these are country roads ..so with two way radios ,no plates or insurance , down we go on the road ..first thing the exhaust pipe and muffler fall off ..stop and pick it up ..we get going again so far so good, make it to the second stop sign and all is good ,get it into second gear picking up speed but i need to slow down i am getting road salt and sand blown into my face ..now the two way radio goes off and my friend says that i lost my rear sun roof ..so i stop on the side of the road and he goes back to get it ...while he gets it i am standing out side waiting to see him coming back ..i see him jump back in the 63 and off we going again two more cross roads and i can see the turn for the house ..i make the last turn and now its to the house ....well we make it there ..i get backed into the driveway turn it off ...TOUCHDOWN!!!
my friend comes up with the sunroof which at this piont i think it is just the steel frame with no glass in it ..i could not believe my eyes , all it had was a small spot of road rash on the corner of the frame ..glass is all good ..talk about have horseshoe up my butt lol....so right now it is waiting for me to get the garage set up so i can bring inside ...thats all for now

ps i did not take pictures or video and if you ever ask i will say it never happened lol

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post5457281

Last edited by piratexpress1369a; 03-09-2015 at 01:17 PM.
piratexpress1369a is offline   Reply With Quote