View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 08:06 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

Re: pics of 67-72 winch bumpers

Jeeps are badass!.........once you put a Chevy drivetrain in them . My first 4wd was a '69 Dodge W200. All I heard was Ford vs Chevy/Chevy vs Ford and I thought "What about Dodge...IH?". This was back in '77. If anyone started into me about my Dodge I'd set them straight with the facts. "Your Ford and your Chevy and my Dodge all have Dana axles, New Process transmission and transfer case, and Spicer U-joints and we're all out here having fun". I did like the fact that my Dodge had a body design from '61 standards, very stout. But it was rusted bad enough at that young age that I did a frame-off restoration and parts were already a pain to get. I built my first bumpers on that truck. Just 4" tube. Never did get a winch, but it was made to accept one

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote