View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 10:58 PM   #673
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
I never even looked at the can to see what the name was, I'll have to look tomorrow.
Paint was Krylon Oxford Blue, Satin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
OMG, you did a krylon make over?? We expect higher standards from you..LOL

Just kiding with you. It looks good in the picture and should make a fun daily driver. A friend in college years ago had one that he autocrossed with the school's car club. It was a fun little car.

Now, quit goofing off and work on this truck...
Me, having high paint standards...?!? I'm actually all about original/patina paint for my own cars- way less upkeep. That's one of the biggest reasons I bought this truck instead of some of the others I looked at- no need to repaint it.

A lot of guys have been ribbing me about buying the Conquest and Celica but it's been a good learning experience. I've had the '64 VW as a my only daily driver since '07 so it's been an eye-opener to have something that can actually go around a corner without constantly correcting and fighting it. The VW does really good for a 1930's suspension design but it has its limitations. It's also been good to get a different perspective of steering wheel, pedals, and shifter placement. Having that stuff in just the right place really improves the driving experience. Having supportive seats means you're not having to hold yourself in the seat and you can focus more on getting through and out of a corner better. Seeing those things has given me a better idea of what I need to build into the truck project to make it more enjoyable and practical to drive.

Last edited by theastronaut; 03-18-2015 at 11:07 PM.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote