View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 10:24 AM   #14
Chrispbrown36

Re: School me on replacing gears...

This morning I was doing a little looking around online checking on gears, posi's, lockers, etc. Got to looking at pictures of lockers and posi's and I have come to the conclusion I have to pull the diff cover off and look around again because I think I might have a posi after all. I am about 90% sure I saw the four big springs (I know its only been a few days ago and I should be able to remember that but we have had child drama and that takes up a lot of mind space ha ha). The reason I though I had a factory locker is because the invoice from the dealer lists it on there. But now I am wondering if maybe the marks on the inside of the diff cover were maybe from the original locker blowing up and then it was replaced with a posi at some point. I have noticed that from time to time I hear a pretty pronounced "clunk" coming from the rear end, which from what I have read is common with posi's.....and just as I have read it certainly makes the heart stop for a minute!
The only thing left to do is open it up and make sure...besides if I do have a posi I need to put the additive in there since I only refilled with 80W90 dino lube. Are the springs the best thing to look for to make certain or is there something else I should look for?
Thanks again.
Chrispbrown36 is offline   Reply With Quote