View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 07:43 PM   #5
68c10airstream

Re: Shiftworks speedo mechanical/elec. conversion

Leon, called the guy that makes this for shiftworks and he would exchange (if needed) the silver sprocket piece in the middle of the pic. He didn't disclose exchange price but a purchase without trade is $135.00. I double checked my sprocket piece (speedometer drive gear) and it is the most popular 15 tooth. I looked on ebay for the plastic driven gear (mine is 35 tooth) and they sell in the $10.00-12.00 range. if that's all you need. Major changes would require a different adapter and gear, these pairs are about $40.00 for the pair (adapter and plastic gear). I believe after checking parts for gm transmissions that the metal drive 15 tooth gear is from a turbo 400 and he adapts this with a sprocket on his own made-up sleeve with set screws. I will try and verify this tomorrow. An additional variable here is to use a ratio box (approx $60.00) to slow down and fine tune the speedo cable output from the trans. I'll try and follow up tomorrow with a summary of all possibilities, i just wanted to get some info out to you right away.
68c10airstream is offline   Reply With Quote