View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 10:11 PM   #679
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Look at my thread for Sunburn, post 272 shows the brackets to mount the C5 drum in hat rear brakes on to the 12 bolt truck rear end. Starting at post 410, it shows the parts going toether after painting them.

I thought I had other pics during mock up in that thread, but I guess not.

I don't know much about the CTS-V brakes, but I would think that just the one bracket that mounts the caliper cage to the other bracket could be changed to make them work....If you are interested, We could work out a deal on letting you try out a set for mock up to have your local guy cut you some and maybe even modify/make the parts you need. PM me your phone number. I'll call you and we can discuss...

Appreciate the offer! I don't even have an axle or the rear brake parts yet so I'm not ready for brackets any time soon. I'm pretty sure I'm going with a Ford 8.8 with 9" ends, so the flanges would be different anyways.

I came across this post while looking up the positives and negatives of different rear suspension designs. It's extremely detailed and informative, much of it is completely new to me so I'm trying to soak it all in still. Worth a read if you're into this kind of stuff.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=42568
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote