View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 11:49 PM   #5
McLovin

Re: 1969 Burb rejuvenation

Update: I was able to get the brakes fixed. The shop I took it to seemed to think it had not come stock with power brakes. They said the way the booster was mounted did not look factory. Anyway, just a few issues they addressed for me. The rod that goes into the back of the master cylinder was too long so they backed it out so the master cylinder sits flush against the booster. They bled the brakes and were able to get some pedal firmness. The pedal still goes a lot farther to the floor than I would like but it does stop so thats a plus. I really want to replace most of it and add at least front disc brakes. It works for now while I save up the money for the disc brake conversion.

I had the transmission and rear end serviced last week. Wanted them checked to make sure everything was in good condition. It hadn't been on the road since 2003 so I figured I better do some preventative maintenance. Everything looked good according to the shop.

Other than those two things I have just been doing a bunch of cleaning and checking. I was having a hard time installing both of my sons car seats in the back seat. I bought new seatbelts and installed them but they didn't fit right through the car seats. So I decided to create my own LATCH system. I used quick links rated at 600lbs each. I put them through the seatbelt bracket and ran them up to the base of the seat. Using the LATCH clips on the car seats I was able to secure both car seats. Cost me about 12 bucks!

I took the boys for a ride today and they seemed to enjoy it. The oldest turns 2 next month and the youngest will be 1 in May.

Next I'm hoping to fix a leak in the radiator and find some tires to put on a set of 6 lug rallys I have laying around. I'm wanting to do white letter out 255/60r15's.

Pics coming soon!

Last edited by McLovin; 03-23-2015 at 11:55 PM.
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote