View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 11:22 PM   #321
68c10airstream

Re: 67-72 Electric speedo

I found the parts tag for the 2 wire sockets i used for the cluster project. Made by STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS. HP 4060, the hp= handy pack. Application says AMC 70-88, GM 69-92, Ford 70-90. These sockets are about $4.00 each, 2 leads, firm rubber body with 4 latching lugs. Our 67-72 dash holes only have 2 notches for the lugs. I removed 2 lugs using my exacto knife. I chose these because i had green led's for dash lights that were made in the #194 bulb style. Each socket having 2 leads guaranteed good grounding for each led. I wasn't able to use the printed circuit anyway so i wired up everything individually. I needed at least one 2 lead socket for the cruise light i added in my cluster because the cruise box switches on a ground when it is engaged. (i removed the word "brake" lens and added the word "cruise" lens in it's place) The only issue with using the green led's are trying to dim them, it's all or nothing as they are not designed to be in a dimming application. I have eyes getting older and the additional brightness is nice.
68c10airstream is offline   Reply With Quote