View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 11:28 PM   #35
WTX-65LWB

Re: 1965 C10 LWB - Bringing Back a Part of the Family

Been a while since I have posted any updates. Been making some progress and snuck in a nice beach vacation.

Since the last update I have completed a number of upgrades including finishing up the power disc brakes, power steering, 110A 1-wire alternator, Sanden-style AC compressor, new AC condenser and drier, HEI distributor for the 292, and cable style throttle.

I have also begun a completed re-wire of the truck using a universal 20-circuit harness. As I worked my way through the dash wiring, I found a number of splices and areas that were in bad shape. I talked to my Dad and he mentioned that he and Granddad were always chasing electrical gremlins. Better just to start back from scratch - certainly makes it easier to run additional accessories. I also decided to upgrade the dash with new Dolphin gauges with programmable electronic speedo.

After reading through a number of threads and websites (Thanks LugNutz65! Great Information!) I decided to pursue a T5 swap. I happened to find a S10 unit locally for a great price. I performed the Jeep input shaft swap (along with some additional improvements/repairs like billet 3/4 keys), shortened the bearing retainer, and enlarged the mounting through holes. It is reading to go in in the next few days.

Hopefully I can get the wiring wrapped up and the T5 installed soon - I am ready to get the truck back on the road!

My Grandparents in the early 1980's - They were in this pickup towing a 18' travel trailer on this trip.

I placed the fuse block behind the glovebox to allow easy access later on.

Front clip back on the truck.

Beginning to pull wires for the engine compartment (old alternator still on)

Lots of wires going to the gauges, column, etc.

New dash insert with Dolphin gauges.

And a little time at Coronado, Ca.
WTX-65LWB is offline   Reply With Quote