View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 10:44 PM   #47
clinebarger

Re: '04 5.3L in a '01 V6 Camaro.

Priced out new Connectors, Terminals, Seals, & Wire from Mouser Electronics to build a harness from scratch.... I don't buy in bulk, But their prices are still astronomical! Then I have to buy Loom, Tape, Solder, Heat shrink & the amount of time it would take (me) to build the harness.

I contacted Bill @ BP Automotive about PCM tuning to get the factory gauges working with a Blue/Green PCM, Very knowledgeable guy! And said he could help me. He also mentioned he could build a Plug & Play engine harness for my car for $800. At first I told myself No Way I'm going to pay someone to do what I can eventually get done myself! Called him back later that day & ordered a harness once I considered the Time & Money involved with doing it myself. In fact I spent yesterday building a 4L80E at work instead of messing with this harness & made up half the cost....In 1 day.

Got the Trans bolted to the engine, Torque converter bolts, Starter, Trans mount, & Motor mounts done today. Need the heat shield that's bolted to the left motor mount, I have thrown away a ton of those over the years doing swaps...Hind sight is 20/20 I guess.
Attached Images

clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote