Originally Posted by mattcrp1 View Post
Nice work. Looks factory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Cramer View Post
Nice work!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
Wow, Jonathan, this looks awesome! I assume this is what you need the cruise lever for? I haven't forgotten about it, just been really busy but will get it done, I promise. Couple of questions though, first, is the pump really loud in the tank in the cab? I had a buddy who put a pump in the stock opening and it worked, but he hated the noise. Second, how did you get the speedometer to work with the original face? I assume it's pretty close to accurate, but the odometer is off?
Thanks, Eric! And, yes, this truck is why I need another cruise lever.

On the tank, the jury is still out. I bought a real Delco EP381 pump from Rock Auto instead of one of the cheapo "gray market" ones on eBay in hopes that a genuine Delco pump would be the quietest available pump. I also put rubber pads between the tank and the cab at all mounting bolts. It's about 1/4" thick rubber from the ends of the radiator hoses that I cut up to fit my engine. At first it was annoyingly loud. I have enough dynamat to cover the front and back of the tank but I only put it on the front for now. That got it tolerable where it really only bothers me at idle when there is no road noise. I'd say that cut the noise in half and it's really at the point now that I will probably be happy with it when I get the radio working. Long term, I plan on some interior updates. At that time, I'll dynamat the back of the tank and put some rubber/foam between the bottom of the tank and the cab. I'll also cover the tank with a carpet kit. I think those two things will get it where I want to be noise wise.

On the speedo I took a slightly "one-off" approach. A '94 S10/Sonoma cluster is a one year only deal. It's 85 MPH instead of the 120 MPH of the later S10 speedos but the mechanics are the same as far as how the mount, etc. The S10 sweep is less than the C10 (just like the later speedo) and when you add the extra sweep of the C10 back in, the 85 MPH S10 speedo works out to 100 MPH. I had to modify the odometer to 6 digits and it took a fair bit of work to fit it to the factory face. It works, but your kits certainly make it an easier proposition to go your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcrp1 View Post
Quick question for the spedo swap guys, will that s10 set up work with a '76 type dash/cluster?
The best I can say is "maybe". I think you would have to re-number the face to match the S10 sweep similar to Eric's kits for the 67-72. The easiest fix for a squarebody is to get an electric speedo out of a squarebody suburban.
dayj1 is offline   Reply With Quote