View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 11:35 PM   #2
Dzlhead

Re: Another '08 5.3 LC9 idle stumble

As if my original post wasn't long enough. I thought I'd add that when I first checked the tranny fluid it was waaaaaay over filled. Not just a bit, I mean like almost to where the two halves are joined by the rivets. Yikes. So I immediately got a full drive line fluid change. The change from V8 to V4 and back to V8, at first was seamless, yet now it the change seems to be a bit more violent. When we first got it my wife could not tell that it went into V4 now even she can tell a tone change when in V4. It's a drone inside the truck, like riding the freeway edge rumble strip. The dealer did confirm this sound as I had a tech (same tech as above) ride with me. I asked him to bring his Tech 2 to monitor stuff (like the VLOM and TCC) as I drove, he said "Naaaa, let's just see what it does." I was told that this bulletin applies to my symptoms.

PIP4371A. Harsh TCC appy or vibration in AFM in V4 mode.

I know the AFM is engine and TCC is tranny, but to keep it in V8 stops this so my solution (til the tranny dies) is to get a Black Bear tune to turn off the AFM, BUUT I feel that I should have it running factory good before I get the tune. And that's why the rough idle concerns me............maybe I have multiple problems...... where do I start? uggggg