View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 01:41 PM   #682
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Been picking up more parts and reading up on rear suspensions and axles... There's a lot of info to read and digest, then try to make a smart decision. At the moment I've settled on a three link for the rear with a full width panhard rod. Seems to be the best choice for forward bite, tunability, and articulation without binding. The panhard will let me set up the truck to turn better left or right for courses that have more left or right turns. Or set it level

I've decided to ditch the 8.8 and go with a full floating 9", problably from Schreiner Interprises. The early Shelby guys use them and I haven't seen anything bad about them yet. This will take care of the axle end play/pad knock back issues.

http://www.9inchfloater.com/Complete...rEnd_28_31.htm

Bought a NOS hood repair panel.

Finally found a pair of Cibie fog/driving light covers. These were reproduces a few years ago but I missed out on the ones shipped to the US. These showed up on the German eBay so I had to grab them.

And this portion of the program is brought to you by Arby's... "We have the meat." I picked up a set of 335/30-18" BF Goodrich G-Force KDW tires to get the truck rolling. They're not as sticky as I'd like for autocross or track days but they'll be perfect for the street. I knew they would be wide, but I wasn't expecting them to nearly come to the top of the S10's bed sides! I dropped off the front wheels to have them mounted this morning so the front will be rolling shortly.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote