Thread: 9.58 @ 138.86
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #10
Super73

Re: 9.58 @ 138.86

Dan,

The gear had to be changed regardless. I want to go 8.90 on the bottle this year before I consider switching to the turbos. I have unfinished business with the N20. I think I am going to need 153mph to reach my goal. Even with the new 3.90, I am at 6,800 almost 6,900rpm going through the traps right now at 138-139mph. This has me a little concerned about the 3.90 gear I put in it. The old cam peaked at 6,900-7,000 and I am guessing the new cam might carry a pinch further but I have not had it on the dyno yet. This cam is definitely not a "turbo" cam. 259/274 on a 109icl with a 113 lsa.

I won't have time this month to mount the front end for the race June 2, but going to try and get it mounted before the July race.

I talked to my buddy who is pretty good with chassis, he was actually at the track with me. The only change I thought we might be able to try with out changing parts (but thought of it on the way home) was changing the IC to be a little shorter. This would increase antisquat percentage and could slow the front rise down. But.. That increases initial hit on the tire. I feel it might be ok since it is dead hooking out of the hole for the first 3-5'. He wasn't sure how it would react with the radial, might start to get to violent.

I plan on getting the 1st stage dialed before adding a second.

Rick,

I have tried a NOS launcher and now have a Modotek (Daytona Sensor NC2) both work in the garage, but don't work at the track. I believe I have an EMI issue with my plug wires. In doing some dyno testing, I went from a stock wire to a Granatelli as they have a nice thermal wrap around the boot, claim 20rwhp gain and give a lifetime warranty. Skeptical of the hp claim, I did a back to back dyno with no changes to the tune and picked up 19rwhp but my usb mouse no longer worked with the truck running. Swapped back to OE wires, lost the power but the mouse would work again with the truck running. Back to the new wires, again gained the power but mouse was dead while the truck was running.

The NC2 has a live view/data logger function. The RPM lines up with my tach and ECM read out at idle, but the minute you give it throttle, it is extremely slow and does not read properly. Perhaps I need a filter for the controller with these wires. I am going to test with OE wires and the noids disabled.
1/4---10.38 @ 126.97----9.24 @ 142.49
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote