View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 10:16 AM   #52
53Sparky

Re: Rust Therapy - 62 C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills65C10 View Post
Did you decide how low you were going to drop it? What size c-notch are you using? You are ahead of me on yours. I just got my rear end and gearing worked out. I do have my front suspension powder coated and rebuilt. Just haven't put it in yet. I like that you are doing your truck on a working man's budget, but the attention to detail is still very good. I think they have more character that way. I can't wait to get as far as you are on yours. Day jobs suck. Very good thread.
Thanks for your comments!

I'm aiming for somewhere around a 4/5 or a 5/6 static drop. I'm using 3" drop spindles on the front and I plan to cut coils away from stock 1/2 ton springs to get the rest of the drop in the front. I'll start conservative and watch my scrub lines because our neighbourhood has some wicked speed bumps.

In the back, I'm going to use 2" lowering blocks and mess around with drop springs to get it where i like the look. I'm going to guess first and then play around with it once the weight is back on the suspension. The C notch is just going to be 2", which equals 1/2 of the frame cut away and half of a 5" schedule 40 pipe.

Yup, day jobs suck, but they pay the bills (sometimes).

Numbers 6:24-26

Last edited by 53Sparky; 05-29-2015 at 07:58 PM.
53Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote