View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 10:56 PM   #44
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

well a lot has happened.

the 2wd blazer was so nice, I mean really nice shape inside and out, that I decided that would be my new daily. so I started pulling the motor from the 4wd.

the 4x4 ac works perfect. the 2wd ac not at all. luckily with the way the system is set up, you can pull it complete and not lose the charge

and since that means I have a daily besides the gold s10 long bed, why not turn that into a cool truck too? bought a 47 gmc grain truck, came with a short bed.

all the cool early gmc touches are there, like the scooped front bumper, and the "big truck" chrome three bar grille. it was someones "driver-steration", story was that one of the rear tires went flat and the three piece rim came apart while airing it up, crushing his hand and ending his infatuation with the truck. we took it apart, sold most of the stuff like the pto and wheels, threw away a lot. the pinterest crowd went bananas over the tongue and groove cedar bed sides and floor.

got the gold truck taken apart. first step was to move the engine back 5". worked smarter not harder.

there will be a gusset on the back of this plate.

should be rolling aorund in a week. we are designing these parts to specifically help the guy who wants to use his stock s10 drivetrain and steering parts, especially 95-03 s10s with the 4.3. we already figured out a better way to do the trans mount and will do that to my 49.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote