View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 12:05 PM   #80
Janky59

Re: 3 speed overdrive!!, now about getting it in.......

Hi Folks, the few posts I have done have been on the '47-59 board, but this thread has a lot of really good info. It has been part of my inspiration in moving forward on buying (and then to install) one of these overdrives. Think it would be good to have my info in the same place. I’ll post pictures and info as I go along. It will be several months before I do the installation, I want to be able to drive the truck this summer, and it will be more a fall project. Plus it’ll let me spread out the expenses.

So, the beginning is, I've got mine now. I got it off eBay for $250.00. It was close enough (Richmond, VA) that I was able to have my retired brother pick it up for me. Now that it in my garage I’ve worked on cleaning it up, scraping off the years of grime. I’ve worked the reverse/1st and 2nd/3rd shifting by hand, and used the manual lockout to confirm I have meshing gears input to output.

My next step is to try some manual bench checks see if the solenoid works, take the side cover off and look around, maybe drain the oils, just see what’s what. That does it for now, regards.
Attached Images

2011 Ducati Hypermotard
1959 Chevy 3100
Janky59 is offline   Reply With Quote