View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 12:12 PM   #56
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

one of the things that is most important to me about these builds, the 47 and the 49, is that we find a way to use as much of the donor as possible. harness, engine, trans, lots of people have done that. pedals and column, well, 82-93 guys have done it. radiator, very few have done it. HVAC, even less.
to me, as a former system engineer, it is useful to keep system components unchanged because they are working together as intended by the original design engineer intended. also, this helps you when you need to order parts. do you have a 91 pedal bracket and an 82 column and a chevy van brake switch? will the guy who buys this truck need a notebook of all the different parts? 19x22 radiator with 1/2" rubber isolators from lowes and a a B&M trans cooler? Maybe you like figuring stuff out on the fly and "making it work", my guess is that there are more than a few that want to take off a part and put it in a bin and pull it back out when its time to use it, not throw away a perfectly good radiator with integral trans cooler just because no one makes a mount that fits. not to cobble together a brake switch because the pedal assembly is different. I am focusing on the bussed s10s, the 98-03 models, because that is what is readily available.

SO saying that. here is our first attempt at a mount to reuse the aluminum pedal/column mount and column.
stock wheel with non tilt non column shift column (you can see the lokar shifter on the floor)

bit of a nut smoosher

with a small diameter wheel though its about perfect

have to make sure the tilt shift column fits and works too, and it does. its just roped up there currently, so it will go up another inch.

kylie is going to move the whole assembly up an inch to get rid of the offset column notch and I say its GOOD.
got the hubcap clips, and got some headlights. the key to using the s10 harness for headlights is that the high and low beam use separate bulbs, and separate VOLTAGES depending on the light condition. So it is not as simple to just replace the dual bulbs with a H4 7" round, it shorts out the DRL circuit and blows the low beam fuse. One method is to build a relay system to allow the same ground wire to have the differing voltages, but I like the idea of two separate bulbs.

the only problem here is the alumnum housing shares grounds bewteen low and high beam, so I have to order H3C bulbs for the high beam that have separate terminals, the H3 uses the bulb base on the housing for ground.

stay tuned! more factory stuff coming, like the gas pedal, and eventually the S10 HVAC system.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 09-05-2016 at 12:46 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote