View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #102
joedoh

Re: slow ride (redux)

I bought a workbench with casters from a guy in a town about 40 miles away, it was great for working on the wood bed. he also had this cart/workbench and I picked it uptoday. man this thing is a MONSTER. the guy thinks it was an old army cart from the 50s. I stripped off the the table top which was just an old solid core door on one side and some plywood on the other. took about 10 minutes and lightened it about 100lbs. unfortunately, the cart itself was a mix of cast and machined aluminum. the casters are, near as I can tell, rated for 2000lbs each. all have suspension, and two have foot brakes!

should be a nice cab cart, hell a whole truck cart.
he loaded it with a frontloader with some forks and the whole drive home my wife was bellyaching about how we couldnt get it out. My daughter was flying home from AZ and so I unloaded and left without a picture but it was sheer genius, I pulled up to the culvert/land bridge at the end of my driveway, opened the tailgate, there was only about a 3 inch height difference so my 10 year old nephew and I just rolled it right out of the bed into the driveway. took about 4 minutes and we were on our way to the airport.

saved the frame for the top.

since I am a glutton for punishment, I bought this while I was there. make a nice motor cart.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote