View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 08:34 PM   #11
71swb4x4

Re: Learned valuable lessons today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post
My son is going to finish paying the man. I just thought (and still think) that certain businesses should check with parents before doing rather expensive work like this. What if he had installed a couple of thousand dollars worth of stuff? Things would be different, I can assure you of that. I'm not made of money and I'm not going to go around bailing out my son on things either, but I wish the guy would have checked with me beforehand. GTT
Should the comic book store check with the parents before they sell a teenager a comic book? How about Best Buy before they sell the kid an expensive TV for his video game system? Or the bike shop before they sell a kid a $1,000 bicycle?
I have read some of your posts over time, I remember a few about your kid playing football, and you seem like a great guy with a great kid. I am not trying to talk down to you, just trying to show the other side of the coin.

I think kids need to talk to their parents before spending a bunch of money, not the shop owner talk to the parents to make sure the kid has the parents permission. I say this as a father with two sons. Two sons who can't save a dime, but they are only 8 and 9 and are spending it on legos and the like. I remember doing the same thing, and I think those wasteful years helped to teach me a lot of lessons which is why I work so hard today and don't spend a lot on toys. I love it when my kids see something new and don't have any cash because they spent it all the day before. Those are important lessons.