View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 05:09 PM   #5
toddoky

Re: Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Welcome aboard..are those just teaser shots of your truck? How about some whole truck pics..it looks good...I had heard holley was working on headers that required no frame cutting..most of us had to cut the frames on our square trucks.I know a big issue I had was clearing the manual clutch z-bar linkage when looking for headers and wound up with a set designed for a hummer..I still had to mod a bunch to make it work ..my next 2 projects will be the ad chevy trucks so don't forget about us either.
Thanks for the welcome, truly. The headers and exhaust system shown together in the bottom-up shot are prototype parts that were built at the end of last year, but the engine brackets, crossmember and the stainless headers shown in the under-hood shots are all off the shelf production parts. Everything is now available, so I will get around to taking some new photos of the exhaust in the near future. As long as you use the Hooker engine brackets and crossmember to mount your powertrain, there is nowhere that the clearance becomes tight with the headers. This is speaking only in terms of 2WD applications, since these parts are not 4WD compatible. There was no attempt made to make these headers compatible for use with a Z-bar/mechanical linkage set-up, so it's doubtful that by luck they would be. The truck shown belongs to an engineering lab tech who works for Holley and there are four others of us who work on the Hooker development team who own squarebodies also.
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote