View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 06:01 PM   #115
joedoh

Re: slow ride (redux)

this wont look amazing to you but to the guy who has been driving this truck and using HAND SIGNALS because the right turn signal had a short in it, I am ecstatic.

it was a short in the light harness. I had previously tried replacing EVERYTHING ELSE, so I had the lighter fluid ready to start the conflagration to dance around if this 2 hour replacement didnt work. it did, so no truck bonfire.
stripped the old harness out and found the problem, an old repair on the park light that was shorting to the turn signal, the hard edge of solder had worn through the tape and through the wire next to it.

luckily I have parted so many of these I had 3 extra light harnesses to choose from.

hooked up the AC finally. have a buyer coming tomorrow at 3 and want to be sure its nice and cold for him.

installing the wood floor and I'll be damned if it didnt expand a little from the rain and now it doesnt fit.

there is supposed to be a 1/2"gap there.

1/2" over 9 boards is only roughly 1/16" expansion so woop de doo. I am going to take 3/4 an inch off the center board in the morning and maybe a 1/4 off the very outside boards too.

fixed the pressure switch that was starting to stick, fixed the lower rad hose that was just barely touching the edc belt, rerouted it to fix that problem. truck will be in the best shape ever the day it sells, just like everything I ever sell haha.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote