View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 10:57 PM   #119
joedoh

Re: slow ride (redux)

Thanks so much grizz! I would be glad to share pointers and what I learned. everyone who says making your own bed wood is easy is absolutely right. I used just a regular table saw, no dado, no router.

sold sold sold. Jason has some plans for it, either he or I will keep updating.

did the bed floor this morning. took 3/4 inch out of the center board.

took 1/2 inch off the very sides. resealed and installed.
could have tilted the bed but hard to keep things aligned so we jacked it up and did every nut and washer crawling around like an ANIMAL.

picked up some suspended ceiling angle to finish the ends, worked perfect!

random shots for posterity

hooked up the ac and put a charge to it. hubris screwed me, or rather I screwed up because of how haughty I was. See, the lower high pressure line got misplaced. no problem, lots of s10 stuff at my place. Put on a 4.3 lower hose, took the new drier out of the box, hmm, thats strange, no lo pressure switch. oh well, must be on the compressor.

nope. turns out the 2.2 has a transducer on the high pressure lower hose that the BCM decides when to cycle the compressor. such a thing does not exist on a 4.3 lower hose. crap. jumped the relay to make sure it would cool, which it did.

the buyer understood (meaning I gave a discount equal to the cost of new parts, shop labor, and a new vacuum down/charge.

made a good deal though, and got this in the deal too.

sitting for two years, no tow needed though! a couple gallons of gas, a fresh battery and spare (hello have you seen all my s10 parts?) and a nice slow ride home.

this I think will either be another 47-55 or maybe we will do something else weird with it!

thanks for all the fish!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 08-03-2015 at 11:33 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote