View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 01:59 AM   #124
joedoh

Re: slow ride (redux)

he was over today so I could look at the turn signals. this thing was blowing fuses like crazy, weird fuses, like the gauge cluster fuse and the chmsl (it doesnt have one). I had just replaced the front harness and it is a bussed system so the only logical conclusion is that somewhere in the body harness (between the dash harness and the underhood bus distribution box) there was a BIG short. after a couple hours we found it, when I was tugging on the turn signal wires that went to the hood, I had accidentally rubbed the body harness on a sharp edge and grounded a few wires. lesson learned.

the short was right where I predicted it

on another note, I didnt have it long after putting on the steel wheels and finishing the bed floor, and I had fixed a couple niggly things that had bothered me too right before selling. I have big picture windows and a 200ft long driveway, when he came down the driveway with the DRLs on and the truck just an inch an a half off the ground, it took my breath away for a second. I gave it a lot of grief, as you do when you build something and are your own worst critic, but there are things about this truck that just NAILED what I was wanting, modern everything except sheetmetal. would I do another 60s chevy on a modern s10 frame? you know I would!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote