View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 04:32 PM   #33
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

First off, I love the '69 Stang. Looks like Grabber Blue. I have a '70 Mach in Calypso Coral.

Back to the body shop fellow. The quality of work is obviously very poor. A buddy of mine owns a body shop and I have seen him over-commit time and time again on deliveries and scheduled promises for restorations and custom work. Almost always he uses phrases like “should be ready”, “may be done”, “I'll try”, etc. He continuously pisses off customers of custom type work and restorations by the amount of time it takes (sometimes years). However, his quality of work is second to none but his customers have to hound the hell out of him to get the work completed. Most body shops are not restoration companies and as such they make their money on collision, insurance type work. They take custom and restoration jobs in as "filler" projects when they are slow. Next thing you know the "regular" business picks up and the custom stuff gets shoved to the side because of money. Also, a customer with a wrecked car must have their ride back immediately and insurance companies swing a mighty big stick with body shops. In my opinion, this is simply inexcusable but the fact of life is that many body shops are mom and pop operations that are just slightly ahead (or maybe even behind) of junkyards when it comes to customer service.