View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 05:23 PM   #1286
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65sub View Post
Nice frame off restoration on the horse Grizz. You sure do find some cool stuff.
Thank you.
Guess Frame off is the only way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
You find the best stuff ,makes me miss all the good garage sales I have missed this year but more will be starting up soon.
Eyes wide open Flashed.

Easy as that.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions......... And many a truck build.

After yesterday's Horse Play today had a couple of good Bootfairs pencilled in, followed by some chores and then truck time.

Well, neighbour Mickey came home with some old oak gate and fence posts to unload and get to the back storage (wood turning stock)

Then I moved the bike, pulled the truck out and got it up on the jack so that I could start making the battery carrier for the relocated battery.

I decided to try fit the standard battery in, unlike Ian Browns side terminal model, which is a better idea, but would mean buying a new battery.

So I made a cardboard box dummy to be able to hold it up under the truck, without straining very muscle on a real one.

At this point Mickey was back for another half hour chat....... Get the picture on progress?

Just as he had left, Gene who was collecting the second engineers vice that I got this week, arrived.

What a nice guy, he is an old school sign writer and maybe I will be able to get a couple of examples of his work to show some time.

4 hrs just flew by, after which I packed everything up and closed shop to see him off.

This 5.7 Hemi sounded rather juicy with its Borla and twin exit pipes.

That brought an enjoyable weekend to an end, despite the fact I did very little for the truck.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote