View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 08:11 PM   #125
joedoh

Re: slow ride (redux)

spent friday polishing the wheels for the new owner.
they had some water spots from the quick wash I had given them and before I knew it, time had made a fool of me.

it was way easier when I fixed my cardboard freight polisher, it didnt come with a backing washer (why would it!) so I improvised.

before it would slip on the arbor when you laid into it, no more! the vibrations from the imbalance felt nice on my forearms too haha

delivered them this last weekend, from 6am wichita to tenkiller ok, dropped off wife and beeps at grandmas, then powered on through to baton rouge. delivered wheels and turned around, made it back to tenkiller by 4:30am. I took a time lapse video of the trip down.

http://vimeo.com/136653209

took this outside baton rouge, looks just like kansas

visiting grandma (wifes mom) because wifes dad passed away a few weeks ago. while I was there wifes mom told me I should have dads truck. its an 01 2500HD 4x4, the stripped model so 6 liter and no power stuffs, 4x4 lever on the floor. has an aluminum flatbed. Vic was kind of a tinkerer/mechanical modifier, and luckily I think a lot like him.

part of it was I bring back Vic's trike for his son.

the side rails are the ramps per his design, and the flatbed is actually 9.5 long to accommodate the trike. it has this boat winch assembly (also per design) and cranks up pretty easy... if you know what you are doing, which we didnt. 3 or 4 tries in the heat and I had it secured. the truck has a tow bar and they towed the whole thing behind a motorhome all over the US. here is a shot somewhere in arizona.

dropped off the trike and tagged it today, nice to have a parts runner that isnt in danger of being dismantled or sold haha

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote