View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 02:51 AM   #1
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Budget VS Longevity; Stainless Mufflers & Exhausts

My project evolves constantly, but gets a big change every 3-4 years. I just did my new heads and headers on the truck, so its time to re-do my exhaust setup again.
I generally feel that stainless is the "final" solution for any long term enthusiast. If your equipped to weld it and can afford it (and your setup is finalized), then SS is the best choice all around.

Being as my setup changes, I generally opt for mild steel. Its available everywhere, easy to weld with anything, and in summer-use hot rods etc, it lasts plenty long.

So what I'm really wondering is; how do you guys feel about mild vs stainless for mufflers specifically?

Since my headers are mild, and my pipes will most likely be too. But I'm debating mild vs stainless on my bullet mufflers, both DynoMax and Magnaflow. Partially I think the extra cost might be a waste on a a mild steel exhaust...but part of my also thinks that the stainless mufflers build quality might last through more than one era of changes.

My current stainless Magnaflow bullets are probably around 7-9 years old. and one JUST got the "rattles" inside or I'd consider reusing them on this setup.

So, a little discussion on the topic in general, as well as my particular query; you may proceed gentlemen.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote