View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 05:08 PM   #12
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Budget VS Longevity; Stainless Mufflers & Exhausts

I agree with you about bending/flaring/working stainless and its propensity for cracking.

But I'm curious about the "being eaten by fuel". Is that anything to do with the grade of stainless being used? When I worked for the steamfitters union 7-8yrs ago, stainless is standard in all food and medical process pipe, as well as in industrial applications in which ethanol and methanol (both liquid and vapor) were used.

Vin- I got a quote from a local shop that does ceramic coatings. They quoted me on the headers and 3x 2ft pieces of 2.5" tube
Quote:
satin black, titanium,cast iron grey, and shinny aluminum which has little extra cost to it.
Headers $180
Pipes $75
In the shinny aluminum add $60
If you want the inside done as well (witch is a different coating than the outside) it's an extra $50 for headers and $25 for the pipes.
What do you think about his price? It seemed a little steep to me compared to my last powder job on some wheels, but thats my only point of comparison.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote