View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #6
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: engine dyno vs chassis dyno

just IMO here but the ONLY important factor is getting a tune and monitoring the motor for ANY hiccup. If there is ANYTHING froggy it will show up on a good dyno measuring EGT in all 8, O2 in both banks, fuel flow for BSFC, monitoring oil temp/psi, water temp, air intake temp mass flow, bla bla bla.. and any bumps or dips in the torque curve through the rpm range. The actual number is somewhat meaningless unless your using the same dyno to compare changes in the motor / build.

Just like flow benches,, the Superflow computer controlled dyno / flow bench (like the 901+ series that controls the engines RPM sweep per sec) seems to be one of those that appears to be repeatable dyno to dyno. I'd like to think they will be consistent like the SuperFlo flow bench is. I had a set of heads flowed on Bischoffs flow bench in MI, then flowed in Tucson on another SuperFlo 600 series bench and was within 3cfm (@ 370cfm)
Now that SuperFlow is getting into the chassis dyno it will be interesting to see how they compare to others out there for consistency.

Flow numbers aren't everything just like data from the dyno. It's just one more 'tool' at our disposal to see if things are moving in the right or wrong direction

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote