View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 08:02 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Re: WTB: Early Chevy W/T Grille

Nice find, if you ask me. Thanks for the compliment. I totally built that truck. It started out as a used car lot special. It was an Emerald Green pickup. I wanted to build the ultimate work truck and ordered a low-profile Reading utility body. Since that's 1/2 the truck, plus the wider tires/wheels required using non-flare fenders w/Bushwacker Extend-A-Fenders, I decided to change the color a bit. I wanted a factory looking color and went with Fairway Green from the same year on Vettes and S10s. It has pearl added, so the flat sudes of the bed tended to cast light differently in certain lighting. I devised a hybrid lightened springs/air bag suspension for the rear so I could drop the tail to pull scaffold and ladders off easier. The list goes on and on to the tune of about $60k. But one day coming home from work it got kinda messed up and I stopped driving it after that. It bummed me out so much I vowed to never put a heap of money into my daily work truck again. That's why I'm running the old Suburban. Heck, people (incl. DOT) don't even know it's a work vehicle, which is cool since it sits full of tools and I can park it w/o worrying about someone taking a crow bar to it.

Before & after:
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote